Monday, November 24, 2014

November 17, 2014 Letter


 We had some hilarous experiences this week that just made me so happy. One of my favorites was in the Metro. We were sitting on the bench, waiting for the train, and there was this old couple sitting across the tracks from us. They were ADORABLE. He kissed her on the cheek and I started to just smile at them, I couldn´t help it! They saw me smiling and they started smiling back at me and then I made a little heart sign at them and they started laughing so hard. It was just this little moment of love and I loved it, needless to say. We saw a very dramatic break up in the street (they were SCREAMING at each other and crying and wow it was crazy) and a guy got arrested on the bus that we were on this morning! So yeah, life is good. Interesting, as usual. 

This week I learned a lot about the power of prayer. There are moments out here when I just don´t think I can do it anymore. Little moments, but they´re really hard for me and they always make me wonder how in the heck I am going to do this for 14 more months. In those moments, I´ve learned that the only thing that helps is prayer! Telling Heavenly Father EVERYTHING is the only way to make EVERYTHING better. The more specific and direct and sincere we are in our prayers, the more specific and direct and sincere He will be in the answers to our prayers. It´s beautiful and I am grateful for it. My testimony grows more and more every week! I am changing and I know that progress comes a little tiny bit at a time, but it comes. Patience is key! Patience, faith, diligence, and prayer. I know that missions are hard. I have a testimony of that. :) But I also know that they are worth it. I love it out here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment