Monday, March 23, 2015

March 16th 2015 Letter


So I just finished playing frisbee in the park with our district and also getting robbed by a homeless guy in KFC (don´t worry, I was tough. He only got 30 centimos off me), and now I´ve got about a half an hour to write you peeps a letter. This could be a very lame email.. I´m sorry. I know there have been a few too many of these as of late. But I will do the best that I can.

This week has been AWESOME. We had an incredibly beautiful baptism with D. and D. D. baptized his mom, which is such a cool opportunity to have. They came into the capilla and he walked right up to me and I looked at him and said, "How do you feel?" and he just started to cry. He was so overwhelmed with everything, but it was really sweet. He was just so excited for his mom. She held herself together a little bit better, but she was just SO excited. She sent us a text that morning and told us that she had been praying and reading the Book of Mormon all morning and that she was just so ready! She kept thanking us for being there. We really didn´t do much of anything for this baptism- she was prepared the moment that she got back from Peru and we started teaching her again, but it was such a blessing to be there and experience it and have some part in her day, however small. After D. baptized her, she started crying and just hugging him. He was crying and after a second, he tried to let her go, but she wouldn´t let him. The Spirit was there so strong and we were so excited for them!! They both bore their testimonies afterwards and the Spirit was there.. it was like a wall. It was honestly one of the most spiritual and beautiful moments of my mission so far. She got confirmed the next day and it was a really beautiful blessing. We´re praying everyday now that her husband can get baptized soon (in Peru, he´s studying with the missionaries there) so that they can all get sealed in the temple together after their sons both serve missions. It´s a far off goal but we´re hoping that they can see it realized. It would mean so much to them.

So I´m basically out of time, I´m so sorry!! But just know that I´m happy and doing so well.  Love you all sooo much. I know that this Church contains the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, and He can bring peace to our hearts and light to our lives. I´ll keep working hard and doing the best I can!! Thanks for all your love and support, it means the world. Love you with all my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment