Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 24, 2015 Letter

Hey Family!!

 I LOVE it here. Every area has gotten better and better for me. I'm trying not to think about coming home because I am really scared- so we're just gonna focus on this week and try not to think about it. :) it'll be amazing, though.

I'm just so, so tired today. Like, so tired. Got like 4 hours of sleep to start off this week, my new companion got here, Medio dia got changed and we've just been KILLING it.. As in, working so so hard. Then, today, we did the most intense 20 minute hike I've ever done in my life. And as a result, I'm so tired. Like, so tired. Never been this
tired. Ever in my whole mission. I'm so happy but so tired and wow. Ok. This email will probably be really scattered.
But just bear with me.

This week was crazy. Hermana Santiago is a boss. She's a really hard worker and she's really bold, which is all that I need. We've been working so hard and I love it. We had 3 days out of our area and we still had a really good number of lessons at the end of the week. We taught F. the law of chastity and he took it really well. He's amazing and we're so grateful for him. He also gave me these super cool books about soccer as this random gift and it was amazing. I was so excited. 

P. is stil going strong. She came to church and the fireside that the mission president gave and she loved it. We've taught her all the lessons now and we're planning on fasting together at the end of this week to help her to get to
baptism. Our goal this week is to really work a lot better with members and to involve them in everything that we can do. 

Our Chinese man is still going really good- he came to the lesson and said that he knows the Book of Mormon is true!! We can't even communicate with him that well at all, but I'm so grateful for the experience I had with
Valentine at the beginning of my mission because I feel like I was prepared to communicate with Lu. I've learned how to take what people say (even if I can't understand it), watch what they're doing, and somehow, the Spirit has helped me get through a lot of lessons understanding them. He's a good man and he really wants to keep
meeting with us, which is really good.

 Also, we had a really cool experience this week. Hermana Santiago got here and said she had met this man named A. in her last area, the Canary Islands. He was from Gijon and knew members of the church there. They got his reference but never passed it- and this was back in May. We called him on her second day here and he was like, yeah! I'd love to meet with you! I've been thinking about you girls a lot lately! So we went and met with him- he's this older Spanish man that owns an art gallery in the center of town. We explained the restoration and found out that he knows our branch president and his wife and a TON of other members here. He's been to church and had a Book of Mormon for awhile. So we set up a time to come back, and we went and told the branch president
and his wife and they were SHOCKED. They were so excited, they couldn't believe that we had found him and we're teaching him. It was the craziest experience- we're excited to see how it goes with him.

Other news: we haven't had hot water all week, we hiked the Cristus statue today and we loved it, we watched meet the Mormons at zone conference and it was super cool. We loved it- I had never seen it before! It made me cry. We started exercising Better in the mornings and it's been awesome. It's a goal of ours. We've just been doing the best we can and I'm trying to make the most of the time I have left. It's going well.

 I know the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and I know He always sends us answers. This weekend was chalk full of answers to my prayers, and I'm grateful for it. I can't even... I love this place so much. I love my companion, I love the work. I love the miracles that God is willing to work through us. I'm so far from perfect, but I have trust in Christ. 

Oh, ps mom, that talk about Joseph Smith was AMAZING. I loved that so much. Thank you for always being in tune with the Spirit. It was just what I needed. Ok, sorry again for the crappy email. I can't explain the tired levels
coursing through my body right now.  Love you!!

Love,
Sam





No comments:

Post a Comment