Tuesday, August 4, 2015

July 27, 2015 Letter


This week has been a really good one. I might just sum it up in bullet points to keep my thoughts more organized:
-we had a zone conference in Leon that went really well. We set our alarm early to be able to catch the bus at 8, but then it didn't go off, and we woke up at 7:25. We woke up and we're out the door in 9 minutes, and we made it. It was amazing, such a miracle!! Haha. I did my makeup on the bus, as a result. I felt the spirit a lot at the conference and it went really well. I like the missionaries in my zone a lot, I get the feeling that they are all hard working, serious missionaries.  It makes me happy. But they're still good, fun people. I know the Lord has a lot of trust in us- it makes me grateful to be here.
Outside of our apartment

-F. is AWESOME. We've been communicating (with permission) though email, and I sent dad some of the stuff he's written (he speaks English). He's just amazing and I think he's really truly seeing changes in his life, through Jesus Christ. He came to church this week and loved it, and also sent his own baptismal date in the lesson that
we had. He's such a miracle and we're grateful for him. P. is still doing great, but she was out of town all this week, so that's why I'm not really mentioning her as much. We've also been trying hard to find new investigators this week, and while it's hard and slow, it's been going well. We just talk to as many people as we can and we've found a few great people.
-I smashed whipped cream all over my companions face during noche de hogar. It was he funniest thing I think I've ever done. It turned bad, however, when A. decided to do it to me, she's this sassy little Dominican girl. It was a great night, I sent you pictures.


Pie Night

-we got failed a lot this week, but we were able to maintain really positive, happy attitudes, and that helped a lot. Even though we were on the street contacting a ton, it wasn't too bad. We were also able to work a lot with some great members and get to know them better, which is something we're going to be trying to focus on more and more. We both feel like we need to strengthen the branch, and we're trying to find ways to do so.

Anyways. I love the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I don't always understand all of it, but I love it so much. I'm grateful for the scriptures in my life and for prayer. I'm grateful for the Spirit that testifies at the most random, most needed points of my life. And I'm just grateful for what I've been blessed to be able to do. I love you all so much, I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment