Tuesday, April 14, 2015

April 13th, 2015 Letter


Well Hey There!!

Ok before we start- I did not get transferred. I repeat, I did not get transferred. :) No worries there. I´m starting up my third transfer here in Barrio 8 and I´m really happy that I get to have another one here. Someday I´ll maybe go somewhere else, but last night we sang the hymn "I´ll Go Where You Want Me To Go" during a Noche de Hogar and I realized that sometimes the Lord asks us to go to crazy cool places and sometimes He asks us to stay right where we are. The important part is to do His will in all things. So, although I someday hope to go somewhere different and I may get that opportunity somewhere down the line, for now I´m really happy to stay here and I know that there´s a reason for it! I am also starting my second transfer as a STL.

Hermana Judd took off for the North of Spain this morning. It has actually been so hard for me to see her go. I´m going to really miss her.




 My new companion is a doll. Her name is Hermana Spencer and she´s from Parla, Idaho. She graduated from high school this last year and worked until she came out into the mission. She just got finished being trained and everything is a bit new for her still, but she seems to have great desires and to be a really good missionary.  So I now have my 4th companion! Pretty cool.

 I really loved conference and it really gave me so many insights and strengthened my testimony of the Savior and the apostles and the prophet. I loved it. I especially loved the talks by Holland and the one about dancing to the music in your heart. We all loved that, actually. The missionaries thought it was awesome.

This week has been good, besides Hermana Judd leaving! A pretty normal week, but we saw a lot of little miracles with our investigators. A woman named J. that we´ve been trying to meet with for FOREVER finally let us in and we had a great lesson with her. She cancelled stuff during the morning that she had to do so that she could wait for us and we could read with her. It was actually such a miracle, I was really grateful for it. We also met this awesome man named F. last week and were able to meet with him this week on a bench. He´s Spaniard and doesn´t believe in God, but he started reading the Book of Mormon and he prayed at the end of our lesson with him. I´m really excited about it. We worked a lot with members and that really was incredible. We received THIRTEEN member references this week. Thirteen!! Amazing. It was something that we decided to work on as a district and I was really excited to see it start to work. We weren´t able to get anybody to church, but people are slowly but surely progressing. And that makes me happy.




Well, family, I love you all so much! I come to grow and understand my Savior more and more. Something that I´m trying to work on is thinking of Him all the time and having Him constantly on my mind. I know that He knows how we feel and what we need, and I know this is His work. I love you all so much and have a fantastic week!! Love you!!

Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment